Tushbaby Hip Carrier
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Tushbaby is the single carrier that supports your body, your stuff, and your kids from 0-3. So gear up carry your little ones effortlessly with carriers that look good, feel good, and store more—freeing you up to do more.
Recommended by pediatricians, chiropractors, physical therapists, orthopedists, pelvic floor therapists, and spine surgeons.
- Fits newborns to 36 months, and up to 45lbs (can also be used for breastfeeding support)
- Fits 23-44 inch waist (add up to 24 more inches with our Waistband Extender)
- Four carry positions
- Five storage pockets
- Hideable bottle holder
- Offers back & lumbar support
- Reduces back, arm & wrist strain
- Stain-resistant and machine washable
- Paci Pod & Changing Pad sold separately
- Waistband 47"L x 6"H. Seat 6"L x 7.5"W (at base/widest part)
- Weighs under 1lb
- 1 Year Warranty
There’s no question that carrying your kid can cause your body pain. The added weight with or without a carrier can put pressure on your upper body and add stress to your arms, shoulders, neck, and back.
Because it sits high and tight above your hips, Tushbaby protects those muscles, joints, and bones by supporting your back (and your baby) with its built-in lumbar support and ergonomic design. The seat evenly distributes your baby’s weight across your hips, while the waistband allows you to remain upright ache-free.
Without the usual pain and posture problems that come from carrying your baby without a Tushbaby, it’s much easier to recognize the benefits that both of you are getting.
- Keep your baby close, even on long outings.
- Support your back, neck, and shoulders day in and day out with built-in lumbar support and an ergonomic design.
- Keep one hand free for tasks while your other arm balances baby on the seat.
- Carry them until you just can’t: Tushbaby can be used for children up to 3 years of age.
- The physical contact of babywearing releases oxytocin and promotes milk production. Plus, it can help with postpartum depression and anxiety.
- Babywearing helps your baby learn and promotes physical and emotional development.
- Babies worn in carriers cry less and bond more.
- Tushbaby’s seat supports optimum hip growth and hip health by seating their legs in the “M” squat position.
Tushbaby has been endorsed by pediatricians, orthopedists, physical therapists, pelvic floor therapists, chiropractors, and even spine surgeons. Below are a few of our favorites.
Of course, if you have a medical condition or are unsure if Tushbaby is the right product for you, we recommend consulting your doctor before purchasing or using it.
“I can't tell you how many adult back injuries I've seen that started with ‘So, I was carrying my baby and…’ Tushbaby is the perfect product for reducing the muscular strain on the spine while holding young children. Its ergonomic design eliminates the detrimental position parents resort to while carrying their kids — where they push their hips out and curve their spines. If you want to stay out of my office, I highly recommend Tushbaby.”
- Dr. Nicholas Cruze, D.C. (Chiropractor)
“Tushbaby's hipseat puts the child's hips in the proper "M" shaped position with thighs supported, also known as the "Spread Squat Position”. Sitting with this alignment decreases the risk of hip dysplasia. As a result, Tushbaby is an anatomically safe product for babies' bodies.”
- Dr. Andrew L. Nash, M.D. (Pediatrician)
"Tushbaby has been saving my back and wrist while I multi-task with my baby on my hip. I highly recommend it to all my patients to help balance their body while carrying their little ones."
-Dr. Kseniya Gershberg, DC (Chiropractor)
"As a physical therapist and mama, I love that the Tushbaby offers my low back, neck and shoulders a break while still allowing me to carry my baby. Had I known about this carrier during pregnancy it would have 100% been on my registry!"
- Dr. Betsey Caldwell (Physical Therapist & Postpartum Coach)
Tushbaby is great for my patients! It provides good support in a variety of positions that are great for the adult and the baby.
-Dr. Fleming (Physical Therapist)
I’ve been a general pediatrican for over 20 years and often have parents, colleagues, or friends show me new products for babies and children. I often like the products. However, when I saw Tushbaby on Shark Tank, I reached out to the company as I had to see for myself if it was really as good as advertised. Surprisingly, it was BETTER. It’s rare to see a product that makes day to day life so much easier for parents, yet is still comfortable for the baby and most importantly safe. Parents of babies have a lot on their plate, and literally a lot to carry. Tushbaby is a game changer. I truly believe Tushbaby will change how new parents carry their babies and will be the new baby carrier standard.
-Jason Bromberg M.D. (Pediatrician)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.